Saturday, September 24, 2011

Two years of marriage

We celebrated our two year wedding anniversary last week, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite holidays of the year. (It's a whole holiday we get just to ourselves! So fun.) We've been together for well over seven years now, and I can honestly say I love Adam more and more each year. You'd think that after waking up next to the same person day after day, you'd get tired or bored, but I feel lucky. I still swoon a little when I look at him from across a room sometimes. He never fails to make me laugh, make me think, and help me a better version of myself. He still surprises me sometimes and we never run out of things to talk about. I think that's almost weird. We're around each other all the time, but truth be told, I'd hardly rather be anywhere else. I truly enjoy being in his company and feel so thankful for our friendship and the fact that I've found someone I love so much to spend my life with. This year, our celebration was pretty low-key. Our actual anniversary was a beautiful, warm summer night and we walked around downtown for awhile and treated ourselves to a fondue dinner. Said dinner included a big pot of melted cheese, bread, apples, and vegetables for dipping, salad, and a mix of of filet mignon (for Adam) and shrimp (for me) which we cooked in a French-style broth. We're totally going back for dessert fondue since we were way too stuffed to even try it.

Mmmm....fondue


Anyway, in celebration of many years of love, etc. the photo portion of this blog post will be kicking it old school showcasing some oldies but goodies from way back when.

Hanging out at my old apartment in 2005


Goofing off in front of Adam's old house in Orange, CA


U of O graduation in 2007


Couple of kids in love, shot in Adam's parents' backyard in...2004?


September 13th, 2009. Happiest day of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment