Sunday, July 22, 2012

Dog days of summer

Summer has been so good to us this year.  Long, hot days, and nights so warm we've been wearing tank tops outside.  Watermelon, peaches, cherries, and lots of salads. Fun times at the park and being outside which is great for James and good for us.  

James & I took my mom to Seaside for her birthday.  It was lovely and warm on the beach even though it looks cold.  Seaside is a really fun town on the coast that has bumper cars, a Tilt-a-Whirl, a boardwalk, an aquarium, an arcade, and year-round elephant ears.  It was a huge treat to come to Seaside when I was a kid and I can't wait to pass along the tradition.  James partook in the merry-go-round and the beach, since that's all he's old enough to do, but next year I'm going to get a kite and some baby sunscreen and park it right here for a couple of days.



Mom, James, and his one dimple.



Feeling the sea on his toes for the first time.  It wasn't cold at all and he loved feeling the sand underneath his feet!

Yes - that is a stroller we were able to bring out on the beach.  High praise for the Britax!

Okay - so the beach was totally fun.  The cleanup was, however, pretty massive.  Sand in this little guy's hair, ears, toes, hands, diaper, and other places I won't mention.  I did my best to prevent the eating of sand, but man..it's hard.  Still worth it.




Lazy day at the park






Hmmm....what is available for me eat here...

Taste testing some grass tidbits found on the porch.  Cause, why not!



Enough already of the photo shoot, mama!




Just a small sampling of the regional specialties of Seaside.  In case you're wondering, I did try the deep fried Kool-Aid, and it was pretty darn tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment